Scriptwriting and Creative Direction Training
- The language of a-v.
- Writing for the eye.
- Writing for the ear.
- Basic corporate storytelling structure.
- Narrative scriptwriting.
- Documentary scriptwriting.
- Scripwriting tools and techniques.
- Delivering on a script’s “promise”: How to fulfill the expectations of a script from a producer / director standpoint.
- Talking in “code”, or handling difficult subjects or admissions.
- How to guarantee applause, awe, tears, or all of the above through the scripting plan.
- Scripting rhythm.
- Scripting music.
- Keeping the script alive: ongoing changes and updates to scripts in the production process.
- Q&A, samples, and class project reviews.
Students are surveyed before they arrive on their own needs and topics of interest, and the class customized to those needs. Held four times a year, three in a New Jersey location within close proximity to an airport; one held in another U.S. location to be determined by interest.